About MIZIN Cabins
At MIZIN, family values guide everything we do.
After running an equipment-hire business, in 2016 Gordon and Mary Green commenced MIZIN Cabin Hire – initially under the name Cabin Hire NZ.
“We wanted to start a business that we could operate independently, and which would allow us to provide a top-quality product backed by a top-quality service. We took notice of the large gap in the affordable accommodation and office space sectors in New Zealand, and knew portable cabins could make a big difference. So we researched the options other cabin hire companies were offering, and knew we could provide a better quality solution.”
After growing their list of satisfied customers in Wellington, and then throughout the North Island, Gordon and Mary’s daughter Whitney and her fiance Cody joined the business – with a focus on expanding the service to the South Island.
Aside from the enjoyment of seeing the business flourish, and bringing in amazing franchisees, what’s really special for Gordon and Mary has been seeing the positive impact their cabins have had on people’s lives.
“Helping people who are struggling for accommodation, particularly if it’s urgent, is just fantastic. We have lovely customers. When you arrive with a quality cabin, you get to see children’s and parents’ faces light up. Some even start crying because a big problem has been solved. Even business people get excited because they have a chance to improve their operation. We feel really chuffed that we’re providing positive outcomes for so many Kiwis.”
Now, thanks to its dedicated franchisees, MIZIN is New Zealand’s market-leader for quality portable accommodation and extra rooms.
Why Choose MIZIN?
We are a family business, with a family of franchisees, and we value our customers. Aside from running an ethically-grounded business which provides a practical solution for so many people and organisations, it gives us such a sense of pride to see people happily living in and using our cabins. So many of our customers ring us back time and time again for additional cabin hire, or go on to refer their loved ones.
MIZIN provides value for money by bringing a top-quality and portable room to your place. You can be sure that we only advertise photos of our actual cabins, so what you see is what you get.
We insist on having the best quality new materials in our cabins – both inside and out. This includes the flooring and insulation through to the carpet and curtains. Our cabins are warm in the winter and cool in the summer because of their quality design, construction and materials. They are also sound-proof and secure, with lockable windows and doors. Each cabin is steady on its site because we install it with care, onto wooden blocks and extra stabiliser legs. This all adds up to the highest quality cabin you’ll find, which meets or exceeds building codes.
Service & Process
We only supply the best quality service from the moment you first get in touch. When you call us, we’ll answer the phone in person. You’ll always get someone on the other end of the phone who knows what they’re talking about. We want the process from then on to be as straightforward and transparent for you as possible. Call us on 0800 46 49 46 between 8am–8pm, or use the contact form on this website.
We’ll make it quick and easy to get the space you need, exactly when you need it and for as long as you need it.
- Get in touch with us, via phone, email, or the contact form on this website. We always have cabins available.
- We’ll talk to you about how we can help provide a solution for the extra space you need.
- We’ll figure out what size cabin would suit you would like, and the delivery process to your place, including if a HIAB is needed rather than standard trailer delivery.
- We’ll send you an application and contract, which explains in more detail about site requirements and costs so you’ll know exactly what we are providing to you.
- You return the contract, including referees’ names and their contact details.
- We send you our bank details, and then you deposit the delivery, bond and first week’s hire.
- Once we have received the deposit, we confirm with you the delivery arrangements and date.
- Standard installation takes approx..an hour, including leveling and connecting to power.
- We’ll give you the signed copy of the contract and a Bank Automatic Payment form for you to present to your bank for your weekly hire payment, plus a signed receipt for your initial deposit.
- We’re here for you to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns, or want to finish up your hire.
MIZIN Is Nationwide
Wherever you are, we can usually get a MIZIN cabin to you. If you have a difficult site or access, please ring us because we can often solve any problems you are concerned about. We service 30 territories throughout New Zealand (22 in the North Island, and 8 in the South Island), and we are currently expanding into the South Island so expect to see us more down that way!
We promise you a top-quality cabin that’s value for money – and a level of personal service to match. It’s always been so important to us to “say what we do and do what we say”. MIZIN cabins are the real deal. The photos you see on this website are of our actual cabins, so you will receive a cabin that matches what you see in quality and condition. A MIZIN cabin to work in, rest in, or play in will be a wise choice to solve your lack of space.
ALUMINIUM & GLASS
“Proudly supporting local business MIZIN”